Question

MedicalProblems2

I have medical bills that I have no possible way of paying, what will happen if i can't ever?
Some of my medical bills are currently still with the hospital, some have been sent to collection agencies, and some are already on my credit report. What is going to happen if I can not find a way to pay these? I own a house and a car and I am scared these are going to be effected but I need them to work and live.

They won't take your house or car, they may not even take you to court. If you can't pay, you can't pay. Try to fly under the radar until the "statute of limitations" to be sued for the debts expires and then let them age off your credit reports. You might always want to check with the hospital to see if they have any programs to help low income if you are low income.

Have you ever tried to work out a payment plan with the hospital billing division?

You may want to hire a billing advocate. This type of advocate will normally charge for their services, but may be able to save you thousands. You can find patient and medical billing advocates through the National Association of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants or the Alliance of Claims Assistance Professionals.