Question

aliciayohann

I have just closed a credit card account but it isn't showing this update on credit karma?
I just recently closed this account and I can no longer log in to this account online to update any information myself.

Most Helpful Response

It takes awhile

I was reading another post of a CK member with similar issues.  The post timelined credit events and when they posted on CK among other things.  To make a long story short, things like new and closed lines can take 2 months to show on CK.

Give it time.

It has to be reported by the credit card company to the credit bureau and will eventually be on credit reports.

This site gets its information from Transunion.  But CK is not one of the credit bureaus that help in deciding who gets credit.  It is a tool for an individual to use in determining proper credit actions to improve their own credit score.