Question

jdgruenhagen

I have items on my credit that have been satisfied via tax liens. Why are they reporting as unpaid?
I had 2 college loans a few years ago that I defaulted on so they end up putting a lien on my taxes. They of course are paid off now, but they are still showing as not paid on my credit report. The amounts are about a quarter of my debt. I know for a fact that the loans are paid because I just started taking classes again this past September. I was approved for my loans and this was all at the same school. The first thing they did when I started was made sure I didn't have any outstanding student loans.
On top of this, I have old credit cards that have been written off by the original lenders and the accounts have been closed. Now as I look at my report they have been sold off to "new" lenders. Is this legal for them to do?