Question

Kent1918

i have had my social security number stolen. what do i do to protect my identity?
ChexSystems contacted me in writing and verified that by pulling my social security number yielded two names, mine and another. they will not tell me who and advise me to contact the "appropriate agencies" and provided me with 7 pages of boilerplate. Who are the appropriate agencies, how do i reach them and what do i say to prevent someone from opening accounts in my name?

Most Helpful Response

Contact Social Security NOW!!!

Contact the Social Security Administration on the double!!  Otherwise, there could be dozens of accounts opened under your name.  They will know who to contact and how to put a halt to any further damage.

AND PUT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD IN A SAFE!!! You only need it a few times in your lifetime, but that number is a goldmine to a thief.

My numbers

I just had a person telling me they were from Verizonwireless call me asking me to verify my Social Security number but when I call the number back this is not a verizonwireless number I need to stop this person from taking out loans with my Social Security number I need to issue a fraud alert on my Social Security number please somehow  Thank You

Today is Dec. 12 2014 4:23 pm Est. time