Question

dewitt09

i have had a auto retailer resently run my ssn
I just seen that I have had a auto retailer that has ran my credit report and I would like to kno what I need to do to get this removed as I never gave any permission or have even talked with anyone about getting a auto loan.. or have I even given any auto retailer my ssn... I am very upset about this as I am trying to rebuild my credit and do not want anyone pulling my report without my permission.. I would like to kno if there is any legal action I may be able to take as I will be contacting my lawyer mike Shaffer out of bryan ohio that was one that did my bankrupty thanks allen dewitt

Write a letter to the auto company and the credit bureaus stating you did not authorize this inquiry and you want it removed from your credit report.  You'll need to send them 2 forms of your ID, a copy of your driver's license and utility bill is fine.  Wait about 30-45 days.  If it still appears on your credit report, then instead of paying a lawyer, go to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau website at www.consumerfinance.gov and lodge a complaint with them - they get results.  Best of luck!