Question

BlueLion3

I have good credit score but would like to see it increase. What can I do about it?
My credit score is in the GOOD range however, it seems like paying my bills on time 100% and keeping the utilization to 30% hasn't helped increase my score. I want to see the number improve but it's been steady for about 6 months now. What could I do to change this?

You could try lowering your utilization score to less than 10 percent. Also, if you have more than 3 or more installment loans (personal loans, car loans, student loans)  you can try to pay off one of those tradelines. Just tossing some ideas out there for you. I hope this helps. 

Your score is calculated this way:  35% payment history, 30% utilization, 15% credit history (age of acccounts), 10% mix of credit, 10% inquiries.  Since the payment history and credit history continues to build over time, you score should go up over the next few months.  Your utilization is already OK.  Only thing I can think of that may improve your score is mix of credit.  They like to see different types of credit, i.e. credit cards, installment loans, auto, mortgage, line of credit, etc. so that may be why you've leveled out.  Does this mean you should run out and get a loan you don't need just to raise your credit score?  That depends on your goals.  I have a 769 score on this website.  That's excellent, and I'm not going to worry about getting to 800 because it won't make any difference.  I already get great interest rates and great offers, so there's no point in trying to get it higher.  A useful website is www.credit.about.com.  You don't have to sign up and they have great information for every situation.  Best of luck!