Question

jaykara

I have good credit but how can I increase my score?
Although I do have good credit I want it to be better. My credit history is only a little over a year old and I have one credit card that I use for small purchases and I also have a car loan. I pay both on time. In a few years I would love to take out a house loan but I know that will make my credit score decrease. I just would love to see if there's any way I can increase my score other then the length of my credit history.

Most Helpful Response

one thing that does help is if you have a family member who will add you onto one of their cards as an authorized user. make sure its been open for at least a couple of years and the balance is very low.  - that will also help with length of history :)

jaykara

Wow, I never heard of that.. thank you

You probably need to get more credit to gain more history.  Visit www.credit.about.com and read on how to improve your credit scores.  Best of luck!