Question

selfdeffense

I have excellent credit 810,will my credit score go down if I add acard user who went bankrup??

Most Helpful Response

It shouldn't

It shoudln't matter what the credit score is of anyone you add as a authorized user on your credit card. You'll just need to make sure that together, you don't utilize more than 20%, since it'll be much easier for you to spend more on the card with two users. You're also 100%  responsible for making payments every month. If you don't, your credit score (and not the authorized user's) will be affected. I added my fiance as an authorized user on my credit card. My credit score has remained excellent (it fluctuates between 750 and 805) and his has gone up as well. We don't spend more than 20% of my credit limit and we pay off in full every month. Hope this helps!

LoanRangerCo

Just to add to the above, the creditor will not pull the credit score of the user you're adding who went bankrupt. They won't do a credit check on that person when you request to have him/her added.