Question

phil1976

I have claimed a Chapter 7 BK and had it discharged 3 years ago in December.
My credit is hovering around 673 for the last year. I have one credit card with a limit of $1,500. Most of the time it is paid off showing a $0 balance. Sometimes there is a balance of about $1,000 on it. I recently paid off my truck loan for $30K and purchased a house solely in my name. Regardless, my credit score NEVER increases and every opportunity I try and seize to get a new card winds up rejecting me. What is the real secret here? How do you really increase my score to over the 700 mark even with a BK from 3 years ago?

Sounds like you'll just have to wait it out.  If you keep applying for credit you're driving your scores down yourself.  Be thankful that your score isn't worse with the BK on it.  Also, keep your utilization below 30% to improve your credit score.  Be aware that even if your score improves, many lenders will shy away once they see the BK on your record.  The older the BK gets the less impact it has.