Question

solostandconfused

I have charged off/closed accounts on my credit report with balances
I am wanting to clean my credit and raise my credit score....I have a couple of cc with balances on them that are now recently charged off/closed with balances..I am looking to purchase a home in the next year to year and half. Should I pay them? Settle for deletion? Or just leave them there? I AM TOTALLY LOST AND CONFUSED... I've looked on the site for help but found none that would help....

If you have read the very helpful articles on this site, you learned about how to negotiate a 'pay for delete' arrangement.  That may improve your chances of buying a house.  I suggest re-reading the articles and using the financial tools provided here because they helped me a great deal.

I would advise paying them, you are unlikely to get a "pay for delete agreement" with credit card companies, but they should be paid anyway for the following reasons: If you do not pay them, collection accounts will pop up on your reports in addition to the charged off account which would cause a lot more damage to your credit. The other reason is that many mortgage lenders will not issue loans if you have outstanding unpaid bills that are in negative status. If you are serious about wanting to buy a house you will start reading everything that you can about credit.