Question

mattyW

I have changed cards for a lower interest rate but it has negatively impacted my score. how to fix?
By changing to a lower-interest rate credit card, I have improved my financial situation (and rewarded Credit Karma via their revenue deals with affiliates) but it has resulted in negative impact on my credit score, due to "short time of credit history" when in fact I have had continuous better-than-agreed credit accounts for decades. I just got totally screwed by following Credit Karma's site recommendations to move into lower rate cards. This is just not right. Credit Karma, how do I get myself re-aged or otherwise recognized by the credit reporting agencies that my credit is not jus 1 or 2 years old in great standing but instead over 20 years? You owe me an answer. This is against your stated mission and intention. Is making money from affiliates acceptable if it damages the actual credit rating of your customer on whose transactions you monetized? Not okay.

So first the is a discussion boards and no one works for CK.  But to your point.... Did you close your other card?  How many cards do you have?  If you read the articals here you see that everytime you add a card it will affect your score first for the inquire that was done and then it will change your AAOA.  So yes your score will go down but it will come back up pretty quickly.  Also if your are looking at your credit score on here from credit karma they use Vantage score which is WAY more sensitive to new accounts then FICO scores.  If you were to look at your FICO score i'm sure that you would see that it did not go down nearly as much.