Question

becbec126

I have cards or report showing I owe $$ but they should be at 0 what do i need to do?

Most Helpful Response

Here's where that payoff letter comes in

If you paid the loan off you should have received a payoff letter stating you're done with the loan.  Just make some copies of it and mail them to the reporting agencies (Transunion, Equifax and Experian).  Look on their websites to find the correct mailing address and print out any forms they may require.  Make sure to include any informaiton they request or forms they ask for on their website.  It's different for each one, but you should only have to wait up to 90 (rearely takes that long now) to see the change.

If you didn't pay the loan off and it's part of a repo, well then it's not going to show up as a zero until the settlement amount is reached and you can show proof of payment.  Even though in the case of a repo you can't pay directly to the loan amount and you would have a different negative ding showing up.  I just finished paying one off and as soon as I got that release paper in my hot hands I went online and submitted it to all 3 bureaus, it was gone in no time!