Question

Rab3834

I have been scammed and hacked. What Now?
Contacted by a company that made it sound like one I had interaction with. They had all the answers to the questions I asked them for verification and yet they weren't who they said they were. I allowed them access to my hard drive. Only when they said after diagnosing my computer that I needed to purchase A $300 virus and maintenance program which I declined did their true colors come through. They screwed up my computer and threatened to drain all of my bank accounts and do additional damage to all of my other accounts. I acted as soon as I could to withdraw all of my cash and notify all that I could think of that I had been compromised. What do I do now?

Get new account numbers for the accounts that have been comprimised. Get a credit monitoring and/or identity theft protection subscription and try not to worry any further. Just keep an eye on your credit reports and account balances often to make sure that nothing funny is going on.