Question

patriot4179

I have been paying my cc off each month but my score went down
I have a new credit card since Jan 2013. I have been paying it off each month. I applied for a line of credit that was denied because of lack of income, in the letter it stated my credit score was 631 but my score on Credit Karma is 529 and my score on Experian went from a 574 to a 550. How can this be if I am paying off my credit card each month.

Most Helpful Response

Lower and inconsistant scores.

Scores could drop from a hard inquiry but that should be only 5 points.  I checked on a refi and the bank received 3 scores from 651 to 740 and my Creditkarma is 763.  You cn be paying off your credit cards, but it is when the company reports it makes a difference.  By the wat, I just got my Equifax report.  It is 16 pages of small print.