Question

robtallenjr

I have been denied credit.
I have been denied credir and I understand that I should be able to get a free look at my credit report,,, How?

Usually the company that denies the credit will send a letter telling you which credit bureau they used to get the information that was used in that decision.  It should arrive within a couple of weeks.

But, you can check your three credit reports now, and you should do this once a year.  Go to annualcreditreport.com and order the three credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and file disputes on all wrong information with the credit bureau that reported them.  Look on the left side of this page, find the "Articles" heading and learn from the information shown in those articles how to improve your credit score, how to file an effective dispute and other very valuable information for your benefit.