Question

gjm1961

I have been 90 days past due on my mortgage in the past, how does that affect refinancing?
I was told that freddie mac and fannie mae will not refinance my home because it has been less than 7 years since my last being 3 months past due. Is this really true, even if my credit score are good?

You say less than seven years since it occurred. Within one year or six years? Refinancing takes a lot of factors into account.  You state you have a good credit score. What does that mean?  Good in your opinion or a bonafide credit score?  690 to 719 is considered a "good" credit score.  Read articles here and other websites to educate yourself. It wouldn't hurt to speak with a potential lender to get their opinion.