Question

drunkfisherman

I have an uncommon credit building issue
Ok here it goes.....I've just recently changed jobs to a bigger title and salary, but have
Cons to go with it. The company I switched to is very small and does not have fleet fuel cards, accounts with large supply house chains, or accounts with mechanic shops. So with that being said I pay alot out of pocket weekly and reimbursed the following week 120%. The least I've spent in a week is $200 and the most is$2,800. A thought crossed my mind to use this to my advantage and establish credit this way via credit cards and paying off WEEKLY, using my credit utilization as a credit builder, maxing out the card and paying it off a few days later, repeat..... Well come to find out I have NO credit which is no surprise because I'm 25 and paid cash for everything (including my 2012 F-150). New to credit, got approved with first premier bank..... I know I know big uh oh but I'm committed to establishing credit. If anyone could tell me I'm going in the right direction or screwing up please let me know and help out this young aspiring foreman. Thanks.....

I'd give serious consideration to going for a secured card recommended by Credit Karma and dropping that First Premier bank card (based on the info given in the latest Reader's Digest).  With a secured card, you deposit money into an account and they grant credit of 50% or more above that amount.  Credit lines can increase over time and proper usage of the card will reflect very well on your credit reports.