Question

Queenofquitealot

I have an open account that I have never seen on my credit report. I know that I am on disability.
Medicare or medical should have paid this account. How do I deputes this?

Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with instructions on how to dispute incorrect information. You may need to try to figure out what service this collection is for and then contact the medical provider and try to straighten things out with them. If you run into trouble and are absolutely sure that this bill should have been covered, contact a consumer law attorney in your state for assistance. Many will not charge anything for a consultation, and if they feel that you should sue one of the companies involved, they may do that with no out of pocket cost to you. If it would get to this point, don't expect to get much money out of the deal, but it would get the collection removed. Do some reading on the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as FDCPA.