Question

hilsmyth

I have an auto loan I have been paying on time for a year but it is not showing up?!
I have a auto loan that is not showing up! I have been making payments for a year on time. This would help my credit score a lot if it is being reported. Is there a way that it is being reported to one of the other credit reports or not?

I just ran into the same credit problem myself. I was at a car dealership and we were talking about my credit score and report. They told me they didn't see that loan or those payments and, like you, it was something I had been paying for over a year.

In a way it was encouraging because now we both know that my credit score should be higher.

I was under the impression that the company that financed my car reported to all three bureaus. After looking at my credit information on a few different sights it looks like they don't report to any of them. So now there are two things I could do:

1. Talk to the company and see if I can get them to report it. Some companies will not do this at all, while some will do it upon request.

2. Or just request documentation proving that I had that line of credit and that I made those payments. Then I would have to personally write to each credit reporting company requesting that this information be added to my credit report.

Hopefully I can just get the company to report the information and be done with it, but we will see. I only found out about this yesterday, so I'm still in the early stages of getting this resolved.