Question

jenn1414

I have an account that has been closed for years still showing on my credit. how can I remove it?
I do not know the account number to this account because it was closed years ago, or supposed to have been, but I have 10 thousand dollar limit showing up as available on my credit that i don't want on there. It was opened in 1999! Help!

Most Helpful Response

My bankruptcy is 10 years old. It is still showing on my credit report

Closed accounts will still show on your credit report for up to 10 years from the date of closure before it is removed from your credit report.

jackiegen

They are still showing a balance due and late payments as of today

spenderee

BS, the bank said which is most likely a lie, that Credit Karma takes a while to catch up

Saun1274

mine  is showing as closed in 2001

jlchimera

I have 1 that is 22 years old and another that is 14 years old still showing.  Both paid in full.

Help

Filed bk and cap one was on the list but keeps showing up on transunion. How can I respond to them to take it off/