Question

Berb06

I have an account that closed in 2008 for jcpenny yet on my credit report it says last reported 1/16

And it may continue to report.

I have a couple of these on my report.

I have a Mervyns account that was closed when the business closed, But it still reports every month.  What actually happens is that the lender (the store in this case) did not actually pay to remove the account and it basicly automaticly updates the accounts every month since there was no activity. 

In this case, it helps with the age of my credit accounts so i haven't done anything to correct it.  If it bothers you to have it there, you can write a letter to one of the CRA's and ask for it to be removed.