Question

annabelle68

I have about 30 hospital accounts open on my report but I have insurance paid on these accounts
2 questions First one ... I have about 30 hospital accounts open on my report but I have insurance that has paid on these accounts( how do I get this fixed and off my report ) Second I have someone from a collection company calling me about something in 2001 wont give me the company name or tell me anything about the so called account just that if I dont pay they will drag me into court.

If you have accounts reporting that your insurance paid, then dispute the accounts. You could either dispute them through the credit bureaus or contact the medical care providers and tell them to remove them or they will be sued. If they are damaging your credit reports now unjustly then you may consider suing them now. As far as the debt collector calling, it could be a scammer or it could be a debt collector that does not follow the law. I would google the phone number that they call from and try to find out who it is. They are violating the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) in many ways and if you find it to be an actual debt collector rather than scammer, contact a consumer law attorney in your state right away.