Question

Posted in Banking

Frkboystrdm

I have a water softner that I am paying thru my chapter 13 plan.Trustee hasn't paid lender since Jan
What can I do apt this situation. My water softener is very vital due to the skin conditions of my children. It is in the Bankruptcy payment plan. I recently received a phone call from Lender saying they were going to pick it to because they had not received a payment since January 2016. This call was made to me in December 2016. What kind of legal action if any can I take toward my trustee for not making the payments?? I am very upset about the situation due to the skin conditions my children have. If it's in the plan it should be paid correct?? I think I have a negligent trustee.

Most Helpful Response

Contact the trustee right away and let him/her know about this call so the lender can be straightened out.  If this was included in your Chapter 13 plan, the lender was so notified and this prevents them from doing a repossession.  The trustee repays creditors according to a legal priority and the lender should know that.  Your trustee is your advocate and advisor. Co[ntact him now.