Question

juilian

I have a thin file what I do to make it stronger?

Get more accounts that are reported to all three credit bureaus. Do some reading first so that you can understand all aspects of credit as there is a lot to know. Going into credit building without being informed can have bad outcomes.

If you're a financially responsible person, and have a parent/sibling/spouse/trusted family member who has a good credit score, find out if they can add you as an Authorized User on their credit card(s). I'm currently doing this for one of my daughters, who is super-responsible with money, but has a very thin credit history, so she can't get a credit card on her own. Having my in-good-standing, aged accounts on her credit reports will help to boost her scores.

NOTE: I would ONLY do this for someone that I completely trusted with a credit card, since any charges will be my responsibility as the primary cardholder. I had added another daughter as an Authorized User to a credit card when she went off to college; it was to be used ONLY for books and emergencies, but when late-night pizzas, Chinese food and mall clothing-store purchases started showing up on the bill, I took the card back. She'll still get the credit-score boost from being on the account, but I'm NOT trusting her with an actual card until she's more responsible :-/ 

If you're credit score is in at least the "Fair" range, you might also try applying for a store card (e.g., Kohl's, JCPenny). They're easier to get than regular bank credit cards, and it's an easy way to build your credit history.