Question

Miguel7414

I have a thin file what can I do
I have a thin file what can I do to help get credit because I need it to help my daughter because she goes to college next year

Most Helpful Response

and don't forget to only use 10% of the credit limit for maximum points toward your score ...$300 limit only put $30 on the card a month and pay the bill in full when it comes in so you don't pay interest

first building your credit in order to in turn burden your child college expense not smart your child is around 18 or 19 what you need to be looking at in your 40's is your next step RETIREMENT and strapping your self dow with loans your kid can afford to pay off in 20-30 years NOT smart....but i'll will give you a plan that will raise your score to 700+ in 6 months its very simple take an extra $2,000 open a NEW savings account plus $85 for interest payments and take out a cash secured loan with the bank using that as collateral and then set it up to where the bank does autopay out of that account they take the 2k from the account and hold it you put the 2k they give you in the new account plus $85 and while this money will be frozen for 6 months you will be building credit after 6 months has passed you can pay the loan off in full if you want but you need to wait a minimum of 6 months then after the 6 months go for a quicksilver One (mastercard version) cash rewards card 1.5% cashback with a $39 annual fee so if you spend $2600 per year the cashback will pay the fee (in the form of a reward check back to you even though you technically have to pay $3 per month or lump $39)