Question

ilianabollom

I have a THIN File Credit, should I file for bankrupcy? I Only have medical bills from surgery?
I been trying to use Credit Karma, however; I'm unable to since I have a thin credit file credit? I am not sure how that makes sense. The only thing that I have on my credit is medical bills that I am still trying to pay. Should I file for bankruptcy? What do I do. I want to get a home soon. But I can't get approved for a credit card. I applied for Conns credit is that a good thing? Thanks.

Bankruptcy will NOT improve your credit, it will trash it totally.The thin file is because you haven't had enough credit to build a good credit score.  I recommend doing a search for Dave Ramsey and follow his advice on getting the medical bills paid.  With a thin file, you will be more likely to get a secured credit card than one that depends on your credit score.  That would be a good way to begin buildinig your credit score, a process that may take a little time, but is worth it.

You can't just file bankruptcy as a tool to eliminate debt, you have to be unable to pay your debts and be in extreme financial hardship. There are credit cards out there that will approve just about anyone. Check into secured credit cards or worst case check into ones from subprime lenders like First Premiere or Credit One, be aware though that they are very costly. Try to get a secured card first before you go that route. If you are in a serious financial mess, then you could speak with a bankruptcy attorney.