Question

Hcontreras68

I have a thin file, but have a score of 633 and want 700's the quickest way
I truly have a "thin file". The only credit I currently have is a secured credit card from Capital One with a limit of $300 for 4 months so far (in great standing, paid on time). The only negative I have is an account that was paid in full for $1,300. The account shows a $0 balance and paid in full, but still shows as a negative account. That is truly all I show on my credit, this Capital One secured credit card and this negative "paid in full" account. That's it! My question is: Given the information I provided above, my goal is to get to at least a score of 720 (700 minimum) in the shortest amount of time. How can I accomplish this in the most effective and shortest amount of time?

Most Helpful Response

pay on time and keep your CC utilization below 20% and TIME will give the fastest and most effective impact also if you have some spare cash or a car as collateral you could take out a cash secured loan from your bank (I think some banks might do as low as $500 but they are few and far between which is why I said $1,000) only need $1,000 take the $1,000 then put it into a seperate checking account add $60 dollars to it (to cover interest from the loan) and have the bank make automatic withdrawls out of the new seperate checking account NEVER touching the $1,000 and your score will go up 30-40 points this way you increase your credit mix maximizing your score and secured loans are easy to get since the bank holds a collateral on cash or an item worth more than the loan  or if your don't have a car and need one a car loan will do the same trick