Question

Posted in Taxes

CCNMS

I have a tax lien from 15 yr ago,but its pd in full.It still shows on my credit, how do I remove it?

Most Helpful Response

Is it Federal or State?  If Federal, you need a special form (email me at dspangler@recredia and I'll send you back the form you need).  Also, regardless of Federal or State, write letters to all three credit bureaus and tell them to remove the account since it is outdated.  Best of luck!

Tax Lien cont.

It has been 15 yrs ago, and I can not find the money orders where we paid them. I contested it, but it stayed on my report, can anyone help me? Should I keep contesting it?