Question

rubab

I have a repossission on my credit... how can I remove it ?
I have a repossession on my credit... the dealer give us a faulty car, when we asked them to repair they said you can return the car and we'll not put it on your credit... But off-course they did put repossession on my credit and never return us our down payment... now they're saying that you can file a dispute with credit company and they'll remove it... I don't know the procedure... I really want to buy a house and this repossession is killing me... please can anyone help?
thank you

First of all, did they put it in writing that they would not report the repo?  If so, that is a great tool, you send a copy of that to the credit bureaus in a letter and they'll remove it.  Otherwise, they are just liars and there is not much you can do about that.  However, it is worth trying this:  Write letters to all the credit bureaus (don't do it online, you'll get screwed) and ask them to verify the account.  Don't say it is not yours, just ask them to verify all the information.  They will go to the car company and at that time the car company can delete the account if they so desire.  If they don't feel like it, then you're stuck.  If this repo is over 2 years old, it may not be that big a deal, but that is up to your potential mortgage lender.  Best of luck!