Question

krollensen

I have a question, I went through a bankrupcity in 2011 but I was able to save my home
Is there a way that the load can start appearing on my credit report ?

Most Helpful Response

The information giving you a credit score on this site is from Transunion.  It's quite likely that the mortgage loan is being reported on one of the other credit bureau sites.  The only simple way to find out is to get all three credit reports from annualcreditreport.com.  Do this once a year so any errors on the reports can be corrected.  And you will likely find errors.

This site is a tool to help people learn how credit works and what they must do to improve their credit score.  There is a lot of information and helpful tools you can use without suffering the trauma of real life "hard knocks".  This site does not issue credit reports to anyone.  The information here is strictly for your own use in utilizing the tool here. 

Credit reporting after bankruptcy

The biggest fault with the way the credit bureaus treat bankruptcy is the virtual blindness to all previous credit history.  I had spotless 30 years of credit history and had to file a personal Chapter 7 due to a judgment on a business.  My personal credit was otherwise spotless.  Now for instance, on the CK site I get a "D" for age of credit history.

Your home, car etc will continue to function as it did before, but due to federal bankruptcy guidelines those lenders can no longer report it.  This is true even if you maintained the loan, never were delinquent in any way before, during and after the bankruptcy.  They are no longer allowed to report it because it was "included in the bankruptcy".