Question

Posted in Taxes

pcornell34

I have a public issue ..A NY state tax lien.says I still owe it..I paid it.why isn't off my report ?
The report is wrong..it says Jan 1..I never received t till Feb5 .and paid it right away.Why is it still on my report that I still owe it.. went I paid it?

You say that you paid it on Feb...

It still Feburary,,,  updates are reported to the Credit Bureaus once a month. Also goverment agencies are notorious for not reprting on time. 

It should be reported within 30 days of the payment being processed and cross reported to the other CRA's within 60 days.

Then it will most likely show as paid but may still be on your report for up to 10 years.

Good Luck