Question

Cheryl061

I have a poor rating on my home owners insurance ?
I filed a claim 5 1/2 to 6 years ago for wind damage, and car break in, both with in a 6 month period, received 1,500, and 800. for the other, The insurance company cancelled me after being with them for 8 years, if I had known this I would have never filed the claims, SO why carry insurance if they cancel you ? But I would think this would be off the credit score because it's over 5 years old. Since then I have paid on time, but the 2 times about 1 year ago,. but was never over 15 days late. in fact I started to let them draft the payment from my account, so why the poor rating ?

These ratings are just made up numbers, don't sweat it.  Nobody but you sees the numbers and I'm sure your insurance agency doesn't use this type of scoring.  It's sad that this website is supposed to assist and educate, but I see more confusion than education.  But hey, what do you expect for a free service?