Question

Jeileend

I have a poor credit score of 570. What can I do to raise it?
I have started to pay off what debt that I have in collections and it is now under $1,000. I also just consolidated my students so they will be in good standing. At this point what can I do to raise my credit score? With this low of a score I am unable to get approved for any sort of credit card

Most Helpful Response

You may be able to get a "secured" credit card  You have to deposit a specific amount of money (a few hundred dollars) with the issuer and that is your credit limit.  After a period of good usage and payments, you likely can qualify for a regular card.

I do suggest reading the articles on this site since the purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people how credit works and how to improve their credit score. I learned a lot and have a degree in accounting.  The essentials of credit are not taught in school, unfortunately.  Please tsake the time to learn these skills here for your benefit. 

installguys

I used secured loans from my local bank, not only rasied credit sorce but built valuable credit with local bank as well. Same as above. have to put money up front for the loan. Start with 500.00 in savings. get 500.00 loan and depsoit it. pay off loan and now you have a 1000. in savings. Do that for 3 or 4 years and you will have good credit and 10k in the bank.

Capital one platinum will approve you

Great Question...

Credit Repair Advisors can help! We have removed bankruptcies, collections, charge offs, tax liens.  All do to clerical errors, and inaccurately posting such information.  Give a call to 877-914-3571 ext 1 and reference the name Mike from Credit Karma and receive free consultation!! 

Credit Decrease

My credit score was improving. The last time I checked, it was 561. After multiple improved student loan postings, it dropped to 539. I thought this would be a great thing. What happened?

Lisa