Question

waters286

i have a poor credit rating, would it be wise to open a store credit card?
I currently only have one card, for care credit. My balance is current and nothing is over due, nor have i missed a payment. Would it be wise to open a store credit card?

Most Helpful Response

Yes, any type of credit card would be good for building up your score.  Remeber, your score always drops a bit a first whenever you open a new account, but it will increase as you make payments on the new card.  Best of luck!

waters286

Thank you for the advice, my credit score suprisingly didnt slip upon approval, it boosted the score a few points. I am not planning any major purchases with this card; just a few minor things here and there. Hopefully soon my credit score will be better and higher. Again, thanks alsofor the incouragement.

Don't bother.

I would say opening a credit card of any kind is never worth it.  Stay debt free.  Use cash.  It is always better and you end up paying less for everything anyways.  That is how you win the credit game...DON'T PLAY IT.

waters286

I understand your point completely, but i do eventually want  to buy a house with my fiancee. To buy a house i will need to boost my credit score as much as i can. I wish i did not have to worry about not having credit,however if i play the credit game right, i should hopefully be fine. Thank you for your input, it is appreciated!