Question

copycat8

I have a Platinum AX that costs $450 a year I now have another AX card that doesn't cost annual fee.
Will it hurt my credit score if I close the platinum AX card so that I can use the new american express card without the annual fee?

When it's no longer beneficial to you? Close it regardless the effect on your credit scores. It's a charge card, so it's pretty much an hidden trade line, it dosent affect your utilizations or overall credit limit, unless it have "pay over time" feature and you use it. If it's me? I wouldn't hesitate for a minute before I close it.

Request a credit increase on the card with no fee. That way when you close the other one, the effect won't be so detrimental.

Call them up ask to have the Annual fee waved,  if they don't Close the Card that simple.   If you have been using the Card like they want and they are making money off the transactions etc then they just might wave the fee.  Otherwise  no,   would never have any Credit Card with a yearly fee like that.