Question

gividen

I have a mortgage?
While verifying my identity with Credit Karma they indicated that I had acquired a mortgage last year. Which I did not. Where can I look up this mortgage that I never applied for?

Most Helpful Response

It depends...

You said that this came up while Credit Karma was verifying your identity.  Sometimes the verification questions will ask questions about accounts that don't exist to ensure that you are who you say you are.  Look at the Full Credit Report inside of Credit Karma.  If the loan shows up there, then you do have a mortgage on your credit report.

If the mortgage account is showing up on your full credit report and you don't have a mortgage, you need to get copies of your full credit report direclty from the 3 credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion).  The informaiton provided on those reports will allow you to dispute the records and provide additional information that will be useful in contacting the lender to see why it is on your account.

was this ever answered ?

i have the EXACT same issue. but unfortunatly its not just for this site. but this is where i first witnessed it .it says "what state did you open your mortgage"  or something along those lines. and i NEVER had a loan. so of corse i selected none of the above. but then the site stated they were unable to verifey me.  another example is recently i applied for a bank account through Bank of america. and they asked the same question of their verification questions and guess what ? i was unable to be veirfied because i selected no mortgage..so i have to go up in person and show to forms of ID. the whole thing is just really strange.

Same issue

Can't verify identity because I selected none of the above for a mortgage I don't have. Anyone get any resolution? 

I have this exact same problem! It's saying I have a mortgage from 2012. I was barely 18 in 2012. It also says I have a credit card and a retail store credit card and Ive never had either. Then it says it can't verify who I am because it says I have all those things and I say I don't.

Any resolution??

I had the same issue me and my husband. Said we both have mortgage loans and my husband is showing a retail card and we are both are unable to verify our identity. Did anyone get any resolution to this issue?

,???

Same happened to me my identity could not be verified therefore I do not have access to the site.....