Question

confusedTxn

I have a hospital illegaly billing me for a government claim.?
I have a hospital illegally billing me for a government claim.? I have government insurance, they are required to only charge me a certain amount by law. they are trying to charge me more than what the government tells me I am liable for. How can I get it off my report

My insurance says I pay a set fee for a set service
12 for doctors visit
25 for labs
30 for emergency room visit
25 for surgery PERIOD
no other fees ever no matter what..
They are billing me for things not authorized. My insurance company said I am not liable.
Yet it is showing up on my report as in collections??
Seriously?
OK, now what do I do?

Write the credit bureaus explaining that you believe that the said collections are irroneous! They will do an investigation, and if it is bogus; it will be removed in 30 days from the date they receive your letter. Good luck my friend!!!

You can also file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Burea at www.consumerfinance.gov.