Question

Mani220

I have a good credit score but I have too many credit checks (8 hard checks)
I have 2 Credit cards and my score is Good. I want to increase my CC score so that I should get out of the 8 Hard checks on my report.

Other than that today I requested for a credit limit increase and the BOFA person infomed that an hard check has been perforned.

Help me with this please

Stop applying and wait

Looks like you have applied for multiple credit cards and/or requested for credit line increasae on your existing cards. Both these will lead to hard enquiries. A hard enquiry stays on your report for 2 years, but affects your score only for 1 year (from the day it appears). The only way to get them off your report is to wait. Nothing else can be done.

Please stop applying for any credit cards and/or putting requests for increasing your credit lines. Do this at least for 6 months (preferably, a year). Enquiries do not hurt a lot (only affect 10% of your score), however, multiple recent enquiries, especially in the past 6 months are not considered good. So, stop trying for a while and then come back to the arena.

Also, when you check your report, make sure that all the enquries are due to YOU applying for credit, and not due to error. If you think it is an error, then you can dispute and remove it, but be cautious. You need to have an excellent recordkeeping to prove that.