Question

Cfarrell1990

I have a dispute to file on a collection that is on my credit report.
I've talked to the source (Sprint) & the collection agency (Convergent) & they both say I do not have accounts with them. I was told by the company (Sprint) that I had to dispute the claim with the credit report company. I also have a Transunion account that shows this debt that is "in collections". I need to remove this immediately because it is an error. I have never had an account with Sprint therefore I have no account numbers or any paper work to refer to on this.

Simply dispute the debt with the credit bureaus either by phone, mail, or online and use "debt is not mine" and when it fails to verify it will be removed from your report. Sounds like an easy one from your description and don't undrestand why the collector and/or Sprint haven't removed it already.