Question

WmRyan

I have a debt that went to collection after I paid it off. How do I fix this?
I sent the full amount to a hospital bill through their online payment option. Shortly after I check my score and notice that it has gone to collection.

Hopefully, the hospital sent you an e-mail w ith a verification number of the payment amount, so you can notify the collection agency of the payment, the date and time, tell them you have a verification number and that the subject is now closed.  You don't have to pay them a cent.