Question

mrl1989

I have a debt from 3/2009 that I never paid. It was just put on my credit 1/2/14. Is that legal?
I was laid off 1/2008 and couldn't afford my bills anymore. I was only 19. Anyway, the debt was to Tmobile and by 3/2009 my phone was disconnected and the early term fees were added on. Nothing showed on my credit for it until it was just added in 1/2014 as bad debt. I was just wondering if that was even legal to put on my credit 5 years after the debt? Now it will be on for the next 7-10 years.

Yes, its legal

No it will sit on your report 7 years from the last date of deliquency. If the last payment you made for the debt was 3/09 then the debt should be off your report on 3/16. Now let's say you made a payment on it today, it wouldn't come off of your report until 7 years from today becuase it would reset your last date of deliquency/contact.

Just be happy you went 5 years without it on your credit report. Most aren't so lucky :) Hope it helps.