Question

SalvaJor

I have a current balance of $96 but my balance due the 15th is $0
Im just confused why this is. I used my credit card this month and was going to pay it of when the statement was due but it says I owe $0 on that day. How can this be? I mean it means I don't have to pay this month but it also means that I can't use my card for another month because I don't want to go any higher with my utilization. I used that $96 after my last statement and before this one so shouldn't that mean it would be on the one this month?

you need to learn about: Statment date, report date, and due date.  These are all three seperate things that mena different things.

1) You can alaways pay MORE than the minimum due.  Infact you SHOULD always pay the amount called "Last Statement Balance"  This (with most cards) avoids you paying intetrest, and keeps your utilazation down.  You can pay more than that too, if you bank online you can see you current balance and pay even over that, but this means you are giving money before there is any reason to. 

2) Statement date = the day the credit card company looks at your balance and calculates if you owe interest and sets the minimum due.

3)Due date = Generally about 20 days after the statement date.

4) Report date = the day the CC company reports your payments and balance to the reporting agencies.  This is typically a couple days after the due date, but will vary from card to card.  This is a date that you do not know except by watching your reports here in CC, but it is the key one to figuring out your utilazation.