Question

Yomamaanddaddy

I have a credit score of 663 but I don't work 12 months out the yeat.
I applied for a loan at my credit union for $10-12,000 and I got denied because they said I didn't make enough annually. I'm capable of buying a car and I'm nervous about going to a car to get financed. Any aadvice or suggestions?

First, know what your FICO scores are, most lenders will use a version of FICO. Second, look for ways to boost your score before applying. Third, look for dealerships that advertise to work with all situations, such as a "100% approval" place. Some of the big-time lenders won't even ask for proof of income if your credit meets their standards. Credit Unions can be more picky.