Question

maw863

I have a credit score of 544. how can i go about boosting it and rebuilding credit?
I have over 30,000 in student loans but im still a student and not in default on any student loans. I have four accounts in collections not totalling 2000.00 . if i paid off the accounts in collections how soon can it impact my credit score.

nobody here can answer your question, to many unknowns.

I'd say start by checking the age of your collections. If they are old enough (any where from 5 to 9 years old) see if you can dispute them and have them removed from your credit. I'd ask if you can qualify for a credit card with a small balance to start with, but a credit inquery could lower your score more, so I don't know about that one. See if someone can carry you as an authorized user on their card, carrying someone "piggy-back" on a card could help you. If you're not in a position to do that or open a new account, then I would say try and get those collections off your credit, that's a start.