Question

jenniflower

I have a credit score of 521 HELP
ok so heres the deal.. I had almost $100,000 worth student loans. I've been disabled since 1998. they just finally gave me a loan discharge on some of my loans ( not sure why not all loans ) HOWEVER on my credit score it still says i have 100,000 in debt. How long till that comes off (the discharge amount was around 70,000) when will my credit score change from this and how do i get a personal loan in the mean time????

Most Helpful Response

Lexington Law Firm

Hi honey, you need a top quality law firm to handle this.  This is beyond the 30 days nonsense you need a credit repair legal firm to handle this and other matters concerning you reports and credit.

Credit score

One way to expedite the removal of this debt on your credit reports is to dispute the debt. You can order free copies of your credit reports from Annualcreditreport.com and then simply dispute the amounts that are no longer owed.  They have thirty days to respond and this may take less time than just waiting for the normal updating process.  

if after a couple of months, your reports are still showing inaccurate info (100k student loan balance instead of 30K balance), you will just need to write to each of the 3 reporting agencies saying the info is incorrect.. They will go through their process to verify it and then should be updated accordingly.

Or just call your loan vendor and ask them to please report your updated balance to all three agencies.

Can take several months

I am not an expert but i have seen on my report that it can take several months for new or updated information to be reported. I would be patient (at least 3 to 6 months). If you still have marks in your report that won't go away, then I would turn to a company specialized in helping people clean their reports with credit reporting agencies to clean up those loans marks.

Good luck, time and patience is the name of the game with your credit score.