Question

copman2

I have a credit card with a yearly fee, if I cancel will it hurt my credit? no balance on this card.

Most Helpful Response

It probably will hurt your credit a at least a little bit. Nobody can say how much. If it's a card you've had a long time and it has a large credit limit, possibly it could hurt your score substantially. If it's a newer card with a small credit line, it's likely to hurt less.

But because it has an annual fee, in your shoes I'd go ahead and close it anyway. No matter what it does to your score, in real life annual fees suck. If you maintain good credit practices, you'll be able to replace that fee-based card with a no-fee card soon enough.