Question

joecool5

I have a credit card that I don't use and they charge $95 a year (airline card).
I have had the card since 1998. Is it worth the hit to my credit score to save $95 (credit score is 820+)?

I don't believe in paying for something you may not be using, and an annual fee for a credit card is ridiculous.  I'd take the "hit" on dropping that.  Your score is excellent and you can regain the points by other transactions later on.

I would have to agree, take the small hit of closing the account and save yourself the $95 each year. There is absolutely no reason to pay for something that you are getting no use out of. You can easily afford a small credit hit with your current score.