Question

Tparind

I have a credit card on file I never opened in my life
I see a capital card open on my account that I never have opened before

Most Helpful Response

You should contact Capital One right away, you may be the victim of identity theft. See what they have to tell you and then follow-up by notifying the credit bureaus that the account is not yours.

Unknown Credit Cards

That happened to me ......I bought furniture at Rooms to Go on deferred payments & was never notified that I was getting a Wells Fargo Credit Card with a credit limit three times the cost of the furniture,   applied for a loan another time & got another credit card, etc. I ended up with about four CC with open balances which I never applied for & they lowered my credit score, but nobody would tell me why at the time. I guess it gave potential lenders a perfect excuse to charge a higher financial rate for a fairly safe loan.