I have a credit card in collections. What to do next?
I have been contacted by thecredit card company and they say they will take a settlement of the original debt (no late fees or overlimit fees). They said they would list it as 'settled' after I pay it. I called to say I would like it removed completely from my credit report and they refused.

This has been on my report for less than a year.

Can they garnishee my wages?

I want to take care od this and fix my credit, but I don't care for their attitude. I tried to be polite and the first person refused to let me speak with a manager. I called back and spoke with a manager and she was rude as well.

Any suggestions?