Question

Miewn

I have a credit card I was unaware I owned or even opened. It has 4 late payments and now stopped.
Recently victoria secret called me and asking me to pay for their credit card. I was in shock because I was completely unaware that I had even owned a Victoria Secret card. They mentioned that the payment is 4 months late and that it has been charged off. How can I report fraud and deal with this situation? I wasn't even aware of this to begin with!

Most Helpful Response

File a dispute ASAP!!

Go to the left column here under "Resources" and click on "Articles".  Scroll down to the articles on filing a dispute and Identity Theft, and follow the instructions there.  They will have to investigate the matter and correct your credit report. 

If Victoria's Secret should call again, ask them to confirm the address where the items were sent, then let them know that  they and you were victims of a thief and explain what happened.

If you haven't already done so, get copies of all three credit reports and go over them carefully, disputing anything that is noit yours. 

If you happen to carry your Social Security card with you, DON'T!!!  Keep it in a lock box except for the few times you really need it (payroll papers, getting Social Security).